Friday, March 11, 2011

Ignorance does not equal Bliss

This morning was spent in a small room with older, wiser people who have spent years on their knees before God. They know Him well and they know His Word, and it was from that perspective that they talked about the current state of world affairs. It's a frightening thing and can be overwhelming if I lose sight of God's promises and stop talking with Him. I need to wake up. Life requires more than enjoying its beauty. It seems like a storm is coming, and according to Scripture, this is correct. I don't want to be blown over because of a weak faith.

*Travelfwd blog*

John 15
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

We are safe and fruitful only when we abide there. Nowhere else. 

1 comment:

  1. i don't want to be blown over either. thanks for this!

    let us have faith like noah, who obeyed God to build an ark, although he had never seen or heard of that thing called rain. wow. "Lord, increase our faith, because You are faithful!"

    ReplyDelete