Thursday, March 17, 2011

Buds!

Windows open for the first time in months, flannel sheets return to the closet, boots and scarves switch places with the shorts and tees under the bed. It is 66 degrees at this moment, and the people love it. Ski dreams are done, and now we start to dream of gardens, concerts in the park, patio dinners, and bicycles.

I can't help but be excited for the new season, and confess that I will lose sleep due to anticipation. It's bad. But this is true of every season. I have the same thoughts four times a year, so forgive me if this post is a repeat.

There is a tinge of sadness as we say goodbye to winter for another year, but buds on trees and the warm breeze on my face make me smile. A new season is a delight for the senses. It brings a sense that this change is just how things should be. This is how the world works.

I can't deny the underlying surge of comfort and peace that come with this change, because my soul knows it's a sign of faithfulness. This may be why we find such pleasure in watching the sun rise or set. It's not because we fear we'll never see it again, but because we know we will, and comfort is in the beauty and the steadiness. In this God tangibly shows His presence, His steadfastness and His attention to detail. When a bud turns into a blossom, we know He lives, and that He's worthy of trust.

I hope you see peace and joy in this change, wherever you're enjoying Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment