Monday, March 2, 2009

explorer

I've always thought I would've liked to be an explorer, to discover California, or be the journalist traveling with Lewis and Clark, or even be a Native American (pre-United States) surviving on the land. Can you imagine the adventure?! I'm getting antsy just thinking about it. I need to go ride a horse with no reins, just mane, through an open field.
Cinderella was never my childhood fantasy. Laura Ingalls and Pocahontas were my girls, wild and free. My backyard paradise was all forest, where I built many forts. Unfortunately this isn't acceptable adult activity. I don't want that explorer spirit to die, and I must confess I haven't been doing much to encourage it since I moved back to Colorado. Can I blame it on the cold? Yes, that is my excuse. Today was almost like summer, and I was on the open road with the windows down. Once summer really arrives, I will be discovering the nooks and crannies of Colorado Springs, and hopefully taking some trips to the mountains. After all, not everyone lives this close to the Rocky Mountains -- and I don't know how long it will last for me. It's time to buckle down and get serious about discovering new places and rediscovering some old favorites. Don't worry, I'll take you along.

No comments:

Post a Comment