Friday, August 14, 2009

Standby

A perfectly glum day began with clouds, rain, and that beautiful air that feels just like the coast. Life, I love you but sometimes you leave me so...speechless. Minor disappointments, forks in the road, faint glimmers of a bright future, lovely moments, crying and laughing in the same sweet breath, new challenges. Life takes faith.

From the 'Valley of Vision' --

"Thou hast taught me that faith is nothing else than receiving thy kindness; that it is an adherence to Christ, a resting on him, love clinging to him as a branch to the tree, to seek life and vigour from him...I have seen thee by reason and have not been amazed, I have seen thee as thou art in thy Son and have been ravished to behold thee."

On the days when I want to be scooped up into the Father's loving arms and rest, frustrated that I can't, I find Psalm 139 to be the very words I need to hear. "Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me."

Tomorrow is another day. Another perspective, another batch of circumstances. Tomorrow is refreshing. Please standby.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU. praying for you...but i must admit that i loved the 'coastal' feeling of the last couple days :)

    ReplyDelete