Friday, August 28, 2009

A Prayer

O Majesty unspeakable, my soul desires to behold Thee. I cry to Thee from the dust.

Yet when I inquire after Thy name it is secret. Thou art hidden in the light which no man can approach unto. What Thou art cannot be thought or uttered, for Thy glory is ineffable.

Still, prophet and psalmist, apostle and saint have encouraged me to believe that I may in some measure know Thee. Therefore, I pray, whatever of Thyself Thou hast been pleased to disclose, help me to search out as treasure more precious than rubies or the merchandise of fine gold: for with Thee shall I live when the stars of the twilight are no more and the heavens have vanished away and only thou remainest.
Amen.

-- Stumbled upon in A.W. Tozer's Knowledge of the Holy and thought it too beautiful not to share.

Washington tour update coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete