Sunday, January 18, 2009

a blurt about writing

These last few days of non-writing have been filled with the opportunity to process and reflect on many things. I've been thinking. My mind has been too jumbled to write anything coherent, so I've spared the blog of these thoughts. I'm starting to realize more and more why I like to write. Life is simply too full and too complex not to write! The pen helps me sort my thoughts in a way that conversation doesn't. I can be quiet, pray, and be still. Then write. Blank pages help me to sort my fears, declare my dreams and goals, and call me to action. Putting forth the effort to discern thoughts, form words from those thoughts, and put the words on paper is often more effective than thoughts remaining mere thoughts. Visible words demand a response. They stir the soul.

1 comment: