Friday, January 9, 2009

Beauty from my window

When I open my eyes in the morning and push back the covers to remove myself from their glorious warmth, the first thing I do is pull back the curtains to admire the sunrise. One morning was so utterly beautiful I had to attempt to save the moment, so I took a photograph. I enjoyed it so much I've started taking pictures of many sunrises. My bedroom is prime real estate for sunrise watching. It's on top of a hill with little to obstruct the view, and our house is positioned so that the sky is a huge expanse with no buildings in the way. It stretches on from the horizon until it dives behind the mountains on the other side. Imagine a clean, cool mountain breeze taking your morning hair to new heights as you step outside onto the balcony to take it all in. Enjoy.









The inspiration for all the others:

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS!! the last one is my favorite although all of them have amazing COLOR:D

    ReplyDelete