Thursday, August 11, 2011

What's New...

Ever had a good friend grow distant, and when you see each other it's awkward because in the same moment you know them so well, but don't know them at all?  Blog, let's make up and be friends again. This is awkward, and I've missed you.

We'll do a life update today, only because I've been on excitement overload for the last month and there's a lot to share. One week from today is my last day in the office. The non-profit world has taught me well. I've learned about people, the importance of strategy, problem solving and seen what goes on behind the scenes. I've also learned that when it comes to non-profits and me, I'm much better on the outside looking in than on the inside looking out. So off I go to a new workplace to learn an entirely new set of information. I'll be working at a small financial planning firm in downtown Colorado Springs (why, yes, the offices do face the mountains!) and studying financial terms and concepts. A whole new world, but one worth learning.

So I step out of my office for the last time and step onto a plane bound for Geneva just a few short days later. Jonny is studying in Scotland this fall, and we're going to explore some of Europe for two weeks before classes begin. You will most definitely hear about it. I'm hoping to take some video footage and perhaps my first vlog will come out of it. We'll have to see.

I return from Europe to start my new job and then board another plane with another man headed for another place I've never been. Boyfriend Matt is taking me to visit his Minnesota hometown. I thought I had an adventurous life, and then I dated Matt. My heart has nearly burst a dozen times from all the adventure we've had.

Needless to say, life is rich and full at present, and I'm reveling in the new. God is kind, and I'm as convinced as ever that He hears even our smallest, most insignificant prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Anna - I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming adventures as they unravel. we DO have a kind God, who cares about every little detail. I am grateful and blessed to read your tales.

    ReplyDelete