Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bye Bye Jonny

Little Jonny is leaving. He's going to college on Monday, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do. This guy is sunshine. He's hilarious, a wonderful friend, and allergic to gluten. You all want to know him, don't deny it. I would invite you for dinner so you could meet him, but he's leaving.

Before your eyes get too misty, I should tell you he's going to the University of Denver. It's an hour away. So what that means is I'll be waiting outside his classrooms to walk him to the next.

I was trying to remember my thoughts on the days just before I went to college. Everything was rosy. The world was full of uncontaminated opportunity. New things to learn, new people to meet, independence. Starting out my "adult" life on the right foot, with bright hope for the future. Aah, those were the days.

Now he has new things to learn, new people to meet, and independence. He's starting out on the right foot and has bright hope for the future. And he'll be just fine. His best will get better, and every bump in the road will be good for him.

p.s. You may now officially consider me a Pioneers fan. Go Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment