Sunday, May 10, 2009

Home-made Brunch

This year, in honor of the starving economy, we celebrated Mom in-house. Jonny made the main course -- a Ginger Steak Salad. I made the Rosemary-Garlic Sweet Potato Fries and the Appetizer -- sausage, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato, roasted red pepper and a basil leaf (all on a skewer!). Emiline made a delectable creme brulee. I'd like to meet the genius who made a match out of coffee and dessert...he must be hiding other great ideas up his sleeve.

I confess, it's far more engaging to put yourself on the line when you're trying to tell someone they're important to you. I liked cooking at home more than I've liked a fancy Mother's Day brunch! We all agreed it was one of our best ever. Grandma and Grandpa came over too.

Here are the lovelies:


My mom is on the left -- we get asked if we're sisters. Does that mean I look 50 or she looks 20?

My food pictures flopped (I told you -- photography is weak), so I'll only show this one:


I admire my mother -- and all women -- who have borne children. When my four great aunts + grandmother gather 'round I hear tales that make the whole thing seem that much more nightmarish. Egh.

I can't seem to muster up anything sappy or heartfelt at the present. It's midnight and my brain is fuzz. So much for my romantic weekend of posts about mom. I do wish you all could know her. She's an absolute delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment