Friday, November 6, 2009

Elegant Classic

I'm copying Em and posting the results to my home decor style quiz: Elegant Classic. 

You have a refined sensibility with an appreciation for history and tradition in your furniture and your rooms. You value beauty, things that are well crafted, and family heirlooms. You are visually sensitive and understand how symmetry and a formal layout give order to a room, and hence your home is refined and calming. You are not taken in by the trends of the moment. You go for things with a timeless appeal, and appreciate old-fashioned virtues like manners and handwritten notes and making a home that is welcoming for others.
You value serenity. While there are probably a lot of interesting things in your home, they are joined by your taste or a certain palette that keeps them in harmony. You appreciate the beauty in simple forms. Whether fancy or plain, you appreciate things that are well made and function as well as they look. You also have a strong respect for the environment and craftsmanship. You care about how things are made, and how they are used.
Right on...mostly. I like to think my home will have a little more flair to it, but that has yet to be seen. Style is how we express ourselves creatively, and that's important. I told Em to take the quiz because I need all the help I can get to understand her style. I recently told her how difficult it is for me to identify her taste, and here's why: she's Bohemian Eclectic. Well of COURSE that's hard to nail down! Buying her anything from a bobby pin to a headboard is almost a shot in the dark. And it all boils down to style, my friends, which reflects who we are as people. Take the quiz and see what you think! And don't be shy -- tell me your results!


1 comment:

  1. i loved reading your description!! thanks for the tip, lovely lady. can't wait to see you next :)

    ReplyDelete